Skip to main content

A Life of Transitions!

Hey Divines,

I hope your week has been treating you well!

Recently, I find myself in the position of "transitioning" and moving into a new stage of my life. I have been accepted to a mastery program for Counseling Psychology at Bowie State University (AYE, AYE, AYE BOWIEEEEE!). I wanted to come on here and do a quick check in :)

Long story short, I am moving! I currently live in Rhode Island, but I am moving to Maryland in a few days time. Needless to say there is a lot of anxiety that is coupled with this experience - but I believe that God has a *divine* way of increasing the values we already inherit. Ultimately, I wanted to write this post to welcome anyone else who may be going through a transition in life right now that is causing stress or anxiety. Just know...

We will be okay. We are okay, and this time in life is a blessing. You are doing so well, and all of the things you have been wishing or praying for is soon to come!

In closing, I would like to say a quick prayer as we close out the week. 

Father God in the name of  Jesus, 

We want to thank you for this experience called life. 

We magnify, and glorify your name with the upmost capability within us.

God, as we go forth, we ask for protection and guidance Lord. 

Help us to manage our anxieties and worries by casting them onto you God.

Please instill in us a sense of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding all the days of our lives.

In Jesus name we pray,

Amen. 

Thank you all for joining me on todays blog post, and regardless of your religious identity - I hope you feel a sense of positivity in todays message. We can all be here for one another during the changes that life can bring. 

Be kind. Be caring. Be true. Talk to y'all soon!

- Ali

Published July 14th, 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

 Hey there, and welcome to the Divine Development blog! All over the world, we are either blessed or forced (for lack of better words) to consume the thoughts and points of view of people we have never met. In creating this blog, I even acknowledge this idea as it pertains to myself. Who cares what I have to say? No one knows who I am, and seemingly I am no one of importance.  Be that as it may, I realized that the purpose of this development is truly a way of accepting and releasing the challenges, and hardships I have endured in my life. As a young black woman, I am sure others can relate to experiences I have had, and am having! I want to take this journey together! I want to talk about things that not only come to my mind but things that my followers will like to discuss as well.  We will talk about life, love, loss, forgiveness and so much more. I implore you to stay tuned and to join in. I want to make clear that all are welcome, but this is a safe space for women most of all! Go

A Letter to Martin Scorsese

Letter to the DIRECTOR... Hey! Today is February 23rd, and I've been up all night. In the wee hours, I prayed and read my Bible, as it's believed that these times of the day or night are when God can speak more clearly to you due to the lack of daily obligations and distractions. Anyway, I'm about to try and update my car, even though I'm broke (as a joke ha!). So, I was going through my documents to make sure that I had my title readily available. While doing so, I found one of the papers I wrote during my time in undergrad. It was for an elective film class I took in the Fall of 2019 when I was still a freshman. It's funny because every now and then, I think about how fun that class was and how much it sparked my interest in cinema and writing about things that matter to me. At that time, I even considered trying to get into film school to learn more about the craft, but you know, practicality and life got in the way. Anyway, I read one of my papers, and it was ab